The Lakewood Police Department wants you to BE PREPARED! September is National Preparedness Month and each week we will be posting new content to help you and your family be prepared. You will always find information on creating a communications plan, building an emergency supply kit, and a ton of other resources on hurricane, flood, and snow emergencies on our newly launched section titled, Be Prepared.
National Preparedness Month starts September 1. Things are kicking off August 28 – September 3 to promote this national campaign to prepare individuals, families, and communities for disasters and other emergencies. This year’s theme is “Don’t Wait. Communicate. Make Your Emergency Plan Today.”
Don’t wait! Make a plan with your family and friends for how you will stay safe and communicate during an emergency or disaster that can affect your community. Download the Family Emergency Communication Plan and fill out the sections before printing or emailing it to your family and friends.
Each week of National Preparedness Month has a theme to help you, your family, and your community to be more disaster prepared:
• Week 1 (August 28-September 3): Kickoff to National Preparedness Month
• Week 2 (September 4-10): Preparing Family and Friends
• Week 3 (September 11-17): Preparing Through Service
• Week 4 (September 18-24): Individual Preparedness
• Week 5 (September 25-30): Lead Up to National PrepareAthon! Day
Join us by accessing the 2016 National Preparedness Month Social Media Toolkit on the Ready Campaign website. There, you’ll find preparedness messages to share with family, friends, and colleagues. You’ll also find additional resources such as graphics, instructional videos, and public service announcements to support preparedness in your community.
Promote National Preparedness Month (NPM)
August 28 – September 3 | Kickoff to NPM
This content can be used on various social media channels, and is less than 140 characters.
• #NatlPrep Month starts 9/1. Promote the theme “Don’t Wait. Communicate. Make Your Emergency Plan Today.” Tools: www.ready.gov/september
• National Preparedness Month starts September 1! Follow #NatlPrep for tips. More info: www.ready.gov/september
• “Don’t Wait. Communicate. Make Your Emergency Plan Today.” Get started here: www.ready.gov/make-a-plan #NatlPrep
• National Preparedness Month has a different theme every week. Details: www.ready.gov/september #NatlPrep
• Share your plans for National Preparedness Month using the hashtag #NatlPrep
• Get ready to go from awareness to action during National Preparedness Month. #NatlPrep
• RT This: “Don’t Wait. Communicate. Make Your Emergency Plan Today.” #NatlPrep
• Creating your Family Emergency Communication Plan starts with one simple question “What if?” 1.usa.gov/1JwEwRG #NatlPrep
• Does your family know what to do during a disaster? Start a plan today. #NatlPrep
• You may not be with family when an emergency happens. Create an emergency plan now: 1.usa.gov/1JwEwRG #NatlPrep